Over time, harmful bacteria and particles gather in bed. For this reason, it may emit some unpleasant smells. Therefore, it is advised to prepare the bedroom daily, and to expose the mattress to the sun from time to time. In the event that this is not possible for some reason, this odor can be removed depending on some natural ingredients such as baking soda and lavender oil.
Mixing The Soda and Lavender Oil
Mattress odor removal requires certain mixtures, and in order to benefit from them, a cup of soda bicarbonate and 20 drops of lavender oil are prepared.
Mix the two components well to obtain a mixture free from any clumps. If the dough is moist, it is best to let it dry a little. The mixture is placed over the mattress area and then rubbed with a special clean brush. Leave on for 10 minutes, then remove with a small vacuum cleaner. It is useful to repeat this process once a month. Thus, the irritating smell of bedding can be eliminated very easily.
It can also rely on other components including the recipe for white vinegar, lukewarm water and 10 drops of essential oil. Mix ingredients, put in a package, sprinkle a little mixture on the mattress, and leave to dry in the open air.
Winter & Rain Season Remedy
Professional mattress cleaning has a high technology of drying the mattress during the winter and rainy season. But it is not so for house wives’ do-it-yourself technique.
It can be difficult to expose the mattress to sunlight daily for ventilation, especially in winter and rain, which exposes them to unpleasant odors as a result of the accumulation of bacteria.
The experts, Carpet Cleaning Mawson Lakes, have advised to follow these recipes to get rid of bad breath, as follows:
- Add 20 drops of lavender oil to a cup of baking soda.
- Mix the mixture well to dissolve any lumps.
- If the dough is wet, allow it to dry.
- Spread the mixture over the mattress, then rub it with a cleaning brush, then remove it with a vacuum cleaner.
And you can count on other ingredients, which are white vinegar, lukewarm water, 10 drops of essential oil, mix and put on the bed, then leave it in the air to dry.
How to Clean Mattress to Turn to New
I thought many times about how I can clean the bed mattress to be like new and get rid of any dirt or stains with it, but I did not reach a final solution, until one of reliable mattress cleaning services described to me a very easy and effective way. This method will get rid of mattress stains and also will help you get rid of bad smells, especially if you have young children and during the training period.
What You Will Need in Cleaning The Bed Mattress:
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of washing powder
- 2 tablespoons of sodium bicarbonate
- 1 tablespoon of any antiseptic
- A sponge
How to Clean The Mattress from Stains and Unpleasant Smell:
- Mix the above ingredients together in a deep dish.
- Place the solution on the mattress with a sponge, and massage the stain well.
- With a cloth dampened in water only, wipe thoroughly with the solution and be careful not to pour water on the mattress.
- Sprinkle a little sodium bicarbonate in the place of the wet part and leave it for several hours. The longer the duration, the better.
- When the sodium bicarbonate dries, remove it with the vacuum cleaner.
You can repeat this step again after a week or two if you need to, or you can convert to the mattress cleaning in Mawson Lakes option if necessary.
It is advised to prepare the bedroom daily, and to expose the mattress to the sun from time to time. In the event that this is not possible for some reason, you can connect with the mattress professionals for assistance and guidance.